[APD] Re: Power Compact Bulb Useful Life: 12 months max

My experience has been a little different from Dave's.  My current set of
PC's from AH Supply are almost three years old.  My plants have been growing
really well and no algae or green water issue here.  I can tell the amount
of light has decreased a bit since some of my marsilea is getting a little
taller and some of their leaves are becoming four leaf clover like rather
than all single lobed leaves.  However glossostigma is still growing
prostrate and other light demanding plants are still doing really well.  I
have cut back the amount of fertilizer and CO2 a bit to match the light
level.  Based on my experience so far, I really don't see the need to
replace PC every 12 months.

Tomoko