Ulvaceous explosion!

2 weeks ago I bought an aponogeton ulvaceous, with leaves that were about 6" long. They are now over 2 feet long and have outgrown my 75 gallon tank. The stalks of the leaves are easily a foot long, with the leaves attached to them being even longer. Is this normal for this plant, and is there any way to slow its growth (odd question to ask in a forum about GROWING plants)? It's such a beautiful plant, I hate to get rid of it, but it's shading everything else out.