Alternanthera species

I recently bought a plant I believe to be an Alternanthera of some sort.
I've looked at pictures on the web, and suspect that I have A. sessilis,
which most sources say won't grow submersed.  Could anyone familiar with
both A. reineckii and A. sessilis describe the differences for me?

Thanks
--

Paul Sears
psears_at_nrn1_dot_nrcan.gc.ca, 613-996-4171, facsimile / télécopieur 613-996-9400