[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Newbie Pics! -- Open tops and taking sides
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: Newbie Pics! -- Open tops and taking sides
- From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 05:48:09 -0700 (PDT)
- In-reply-to: <200305280356.h4S3uBgw010824@otter.actwin.com>
> A piece of 1/8" thick acrylic a few inches high makes a
> great barrier. Bend
> it with a strip heater (or use a heat gun and be
> careful), and make either
> two "C" shape pieces or 2 or 4 "L" shape pieces such that
> the pieces snap
> into the plastic rim on the top of the tank. If you use
> smoked acrylic it
> can help cut down on the glare from an open-top tank.
> SAEs are known
> jumpers so some precautions are usually necessary to make
> sure they stay in
> the tank.
Adding on to the sides of the aquarium works.
Alternatively, you can start with a taller tank and not
fill it all the way.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).