[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: APD format -- or - A burst of information
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: Re: APD format -- or - A burst of information
- From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
- Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 08:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
- In-reply-to: <200305181114.h4IBEbqD028868@otter.actwin.com>
Erik Olson (whose hats include wizard of the Krib and AGA
web sites, among amny other hats) explained one of the real
costs of doing individual rather than digest mode message
distribution. He also sugested a way for an individual to
get individual messages even if the mail system sends them
in digetst mode.
Hey Erik, how about some brands/names to consider?
He closed with irony, pointing out that he, "just last week
added Digest mode to the AGA lists due to complaints about
too many individual messages!"
And that's a relatively light traffic load, until recently.
If you can please all of the people, all of the time, you
aren't hangin' out with a very large crowd. ;-)
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.