Re: APD format -- or - A burst of information

On Sun, 18 May 2003, S. Hieber wrote:

> Erik Olson ... also sugested a way for an individual to
> get individual messages even if the mail system sends them
> in digetst mode.
>
> Hey Erik, how about some brands/names to consider?

Well, once again, I feel a bit like an idiot, as what one THINKS should be
out there isn't necessarily what IS out there.  I use a program called
"formail" that was written to burst digests into individual messages with
the proper subject lines.  It is part of a larger tool called "procmail"
that routes all my mail into different mailboxes based on who it's from,
to, etc.  Unfortunately, this whole package is unix-based and while it's
spiffy for me, it won't work for the 90+% of the folks running Outlook.

I would have THOUGHT that such a thing existed for Outlook, or that
someone could write a simple VB script or something; in fact, I have the
feeling I've had this discussion before on this very list... but it STILL
doesn't look like such things exist. At least from a quick search on
google.  Sigh.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson