Re: Colorado's Blizzard

Hi Ellen,

I don't know if this is of any use to you seeing the main problem is heat
loss however I had tested some UPS units and found they were great at
keeping a filter running for many hours to avoid losing any bacterial
colonies. Keeping a heater running for any length of time would require a
larger more expensive unit. This was the original post:

http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plants/month.200212/msg00037.html

I hope all your tanks make it fine through the blackout. BTW I received a
lot of plants recently and although they were very cold when I opened the
box the damage was minimal to existing leaves and they have all recovered
nicely within a week so I would think that the temperature drop you
experienced shouldn't harm the plants too much.

Good luck

Giancarlo Podio