RE: where're all the great LFSs?

Hi Kurt:

If you visit Portland, Oregon, I highly recommend The Wet Spot at 4310 NE
Hancock (just off 43rd and Sandy Blvd in Hollywood). They display the
correct scientific name for 99% of their fish and usually have a good
selection of plants. Their stock ranges from common to exotic and are always
healthy; I've NEVER seen a sick fish in one of their tanks (unlike the
national chains).

There's also Bell's Tropical Fish at 50th and N Lombard. The store recently
came under new management, so I'm not sure what their current state is, but
back in the day this was also a great shop.