While we're on the creative tanks thread...55G

I grow plants very successfully in a 55g tank, including a nice carpet of
glosso on the bottom, so it IS possible. To me, the biggest restriction of
this tank is its front-back depth...you've got to be creative in planting if
you don't want stuff to grow right up against the front glass. That rules
out (as I found out by experience) hygro polysperma or just about any plant
that branches heavily. I use a CO2 setup and have 160w NO fluorescent
lighting, though the bulbs are being driven by a VHO ballast, so the actual
output is higher, I suspect (the bulbs are HOT).

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---