[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Today's Random Legal Term
- To: Aquatic Plants Digest <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Today's Random Legal Term
- From: "E.W. Marshall" <emmettw at earthlink_net>
- Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:14:08 -0700
- In-Reply-To: <200203242048.g2OKm2206955 at acme_actwin.com>
- References: <200203242048.g2OKm2206955 at acme_actwin.com>
Dear Fellow APDers,
With all the legal mumbo jumbo talk going on around
here. I think it behooves us simple aquarists to
become familiar with legal terminology so we
can better understand anything that just might come up
around here in future postings. If you have a legal
term to share, please do so.
Today's random legal term is...
Pronounced: X, TORCH, EYE, ON
An excellent definition of "Extortion" is as follows...
"IN MOST STATES OF THE UNITED STATES, EXTORTION
IS MORE WIDELY DEFINED TO INCLUDE THE OBTAINING OF
MONEY OR PROPERTY OF ANOTHER BY INDUCING HIS
CONSENT THROUGH WRONGFUL USE OF FEAR, FORCE, OR
AUTHORITY OF OFFICE; BLACKMAIL, RANSOM, AND THREAT
OF FORCE ARE INCLUDED UNDER THIS DEFINITION."