[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: Re: Snails
- From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
- Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:30:23 -0800
- In-Reply-To: <200203240848.g2O8m9k16906 at acme_actwin.com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
> Any suggestions regarding the eradication of snails? When I was a young
> aquarist, I used to buy a green turtle and put a Styrofoam ramp for him to
> crawl on. I think those turtles are illegal now. Any other snail busters?
> Paul Armes
Snails tend to be good herbivores for a plant tank. If you have a lot, your
over feeding your fish and feeding the snails, hence the plague.
Botia striata does a great job at killing/eating them and is a nice little
non aggressive attractive fish. There are numerous other critters to choose
from. This is my favorite. Puffers and other loaches (Botia sp) are also