Frozen brine shrimp nitites

   Hello
   Douglas, Losing Cardinals within 48 hours seem to be a very common
experience.
 The lfs in area won't even order them anymore due to the high losses. I also
found this to be true of Neons.Several people have told me this is due to a
genetic
fault bred into them in the fish farms of Asia. If this is true I don't see
how they
produce so many millions of them?
    I've had the same experience with cardinals and neons.Since I have been
unable
to locate any cardinals I bought neons and used a drip acclimatization
method.
 Of the 15 neon's I introduced to a 75 planted tank I have lost 1 in four
months and
he had obvious injuries. The 14 are doing very well with no problems.
   I'm adding 30 more in Feb and I think I'll divide them into 2 groups and
use the
standard and drip acclimatization methods to see if there is a difference.
   In your case , high nitrites would obviously be a problem but your
experience is sure
the norm of most people.
                                               Gary