Re: algae experiment -- Ghosts vs Amano vs Snails

Daphne Freeman said:

> As I recall, Tom Barr was going to do an experiment consisting of
> ghost
> shrimp versus Amano shrimp versus snails against algae?  I would be
> interested in an update.  Who is winning?

I'd love to hear this too.  Here on the US east coast, Amanos must be
purchased via the Net for a few bucks apiece, plus his-speed shipping
costs.  But a lfs carries ghost shrimp for 29 cents each. They don't
have to be as effctive as amano's on a shrimp by shrimp basis -- not at
a better than 10-to-1 cost ratio.

Scott H.