Re: System One and Vortex Diatom Filters

Neil Frank answered my questions about the noise from Vortex and System
1 Filters:

> They are about the same. In both cases, the noise comes from the fan
> of the
> motor.
>

> >Can you compare it to anything else -- just as a noise level
> reference?
>
> maybe a bathroom ceiling fan? or old style SUPREME aquarium power
> filter
>
> Although the noice is not objectionable to me, my wife always has me
> close
> the door to the fish room when the diatom filter is running.

You might not know it (then again you might) but your three answers are
probably the most helpful you could have given.

Putting a door on the fish room has been on my list of things to do for
while.  It just moved up the list. :-\

Scott H.