Re: Is this really a Mystery Snail...

I would describe that particular kind of snail (Ampularia Cuprina - I
think) as a lawnmower on crack. I tried a few of those and they
proved to be a disaster in my planted tank. They have voracious
appetites for plants in my experience. I can't recall if the gold
snails are true mystery snails, but they do resemble them in size and
shape. I tried supplementing their diet with lots of veggies, but
they seemed only interested in eating the plants.

On the other hand, I had one of the darker true mystery snails and it
was never a problem and never munched on my plants. I'll never own
another big gold snail again, at least not while I have plants.

JoAnn

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---