Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #956

> There is no such compound as Magnesium carbonate
> (MgCO3). The closest thing I could find is magnesium carbonate
> hydroxide (MgCO3)4 - Mg(OH)2 - 5H20, which has a MW of ~485.
> If I'm not mistaken, it's the main ingredient in Milk of Magnesia.

You may not buy it at Wally World, but it does exist:
Magnesite , mineral, magnesium carbonate, MgCO3, white, yellow, or gray in
color. It originates through the alteration of olivine or of serpentine by
waters carrying carbon dioxide; through the replacement of calcium by
magnesium in calcareous rocks, sometimes limestone but more often dolomite;
and through precipitation from waters rich in magnesium that have undergone
reaction with sodium carbonate.

Bob W