magnetic scraper (confirmation) scratches glass

boy oh boy do they scratch...my tank has horrible scratches because of them.
it picked up particles which were too fine for me to notice even with
careful inspection.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:59:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lazarus Miskowski <lazmiskowski at yahoo_com>
Subject: RE: How do I remove this algae from the glass?

>For what it's worth, I used to use a scraper
>containing a razor blade, and I
>never once scratched the glass. Magnetic scrapers
and > rocks are my favorite way to do that. :)

I got a magnetic scraper a couple of months ago.  The
scraper part uses a velcro-like texture to scrape away
soft algaes.  I have not noticed it to scratch my
glass, and it saves me a ton of time and effort.  Has
anyone besides the above person noticed these scrapers
to scratch glass?