Re: Ich in planted tank with invertebrates

i wouldn't screw around with malachite green if you have inverts . . . i
once added some amano shrimp to a tank that was undergoing treatment for
ich, using seachem's paraguard ("with a synergistic blah blah of malachite
green) and the shrimp immediately went into paroxysms of agony . . . i
removed the malachite green with carbon, and used salt (1 tbsp per 5~6
gallons) . . . and i have not looked back since . . . the plants didn't
seem affected by the salt . . . on the contrary, they were still bubbling .
. . but i'm sure it's not good to have too much salt . . . just dilute it
with water changes after a few weeks, just to be sure no more ich exists . . .