Re: heating cable sources

> >Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 09:57:11 -0500
> > >From: "Michael Clark" <mdc at ivc_com>
> > >
> > >I have been following this thread with interest. I have never used a
> cable
> > >heating system, and I wonder: can substrate heating users here on the
> list
> > >say that they have noticed a definite improvement in plant
> growth/health
> > >over standard submersible heaters?
> >
> > "George Booth" <booth at frii_com> responded:
> > Yes. I have noticed definite *long term* improvements in tank stability
> > which I attribute to the micro-currents moving nutrients into the
> substrate,
> > among other things.  I have NOT noticed better growth. My web site and
> PAM4
> > article detail this.

<side note:>  FYI for those of you that haven't been to George's
house:  I don't think there is any such thing as better growth.  George's
plants and fish want for nothing, are HUGE, and grow (I think) pretty
much at the maximal rate to the maximal size.  I guess that's what
you get if you go all-out on the high-tech, full supplement spread, and
daily attention.  ;-)))

--charley
charleyb at cytomation_com