Spoiled frozen food

Hi,

Several months ago I lost a school of 38 semi-adult Corydoras adolfoi to a
spoiled or contaminated package of "Sally's" frozen brine shrimp cubes.
Within two days of the first feeding, they were all dead. Then I fed some of
the remaining food to the 6 parents, and they died the next day also. Ever
since, I've been looking for a safer way to feed frozen foods.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Have you found a way to mitigate
this risk? Is there a brand of frozen food with a freshness date or some
other indicator of freshness on it?

Thanks,
Dinyar