What is right MH ballast/bulb combo

How do I determine the correct MH setup for my planted tank setup.  I have a
120G w/C02 and have decided on MH.  I am having trouble deciding on wattages
(2 bulbs will be use- I'm leaning towards 250W).  Also, once a wattage is
determined , how do I determine the correct ballast.  For example, I have
seen ballasts that are specifically for Iwasaki.  Will these work for all
250W bulbs or will I be limited  to Iwasaki only?  There are so many places
that sell ballasts & bulbs but the info required to intelligently choose has
so far been elusive to me.  Can anyone point me to info that will help?
Thanks,
Will