Re: whiteworms? farmers?

Owner-Live-Foods at actwin_com writes:

>  It's a different, but closely related whiteworm.>

I'm confused by this statement. White worms are related to earthworms and
marine bristleworms, not to nematodes.

> Still good food for your  fish if you can get it into a harvestable form,
but it's not microworms. >

It is remotely possible that this worm is one of the harmful parasitic
nematodes or some other parasitic worm. I for one would want a more positive
ID before mass producing it.

>  There's bunches of different nematode-type critters out there, and some of
>  them are harmful to crops, so don't mention this to any farmers you may
have  an
>  aquaintence with.>

I was at the garden shop the other day. They were selling soil nematodes.
These are parisitic ones that farmers and home gardeners can spread on their
flower beds and fields, because they are grub parasites.