Lifespan of C50's

>I been replacing my Chroma 50's bulbs after three to six months service
>in the (possibly mistaken) belief that the UV spectrum falls off after
>that period, even if the visible output stays the same.  Seems like I
>have read this in several magazines and a few web sites too.
>
>Have I been wasting my money??

Nope. If you read the anufacturors chars of decay in light output
over time you'll fid that to be the source of the 6 month figure,
which seems to be confirmed by empirical evidence by a few folks
for some time now.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719