Sterilizing driftwood

Pierre,

I've boiled driftwood in a pot I'd had reserved for canning purposes in the
past. I don't know what the capacity of this pot is (I'd estimate perhaps 2-3
gal), but it's larger than your average cooking pot. I recall picking it up
rather inexpensively at a Laneco or something like that. Boiling would work
best, I believe, if you find a large enough pot. If you can't submerge the
whole piece, do half at a time, and then flip over and do the other half. An
aquarium is rather a small habitat to risk introducing anything into.

Sylvia