Re: Mirrors and backdrops

I've used either mirrors or mylar sheeting from the hydroponic store on my
tanks since I was a kid.  It sure beats seeing the wall behind the tank or
the tacky backdrops from those rolls at the lfs.  Also the mirror reflects
light back into the tank as opposed to being lost past the glass.  I don't
want to paint the back glass and going the cork route darkens the backdrop.

The fish don't go crazy at all.  The only fish that react to it are
angelfish who guard their spawn against the rival male in the reflection.

Sometimes the mirroring is lost by algae growth depending on the amount of
light provided.

G. Kadar