Re: Light Meters

>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 10:01:35 -0000
>From: "A M Moore" <andy at ascot_u-net.com>
>Subject: Re: Light Meters
>
>If anyone is experienced with using these meters, do you have any opinions
>of what lux levels would be regarded as High,Medium or low at the bottom of
>my tank ?

We have 15000 Lux at the surface of all our tanks. Two of the tanks are 100
gallon (60"x18"x20" high) and have 4 40w NO FL bulbs over them. This is
"only" 1.6 watts/gallon, at the low end of the scale, but they are high
quality watts. We can grow anything in the tanks.

The third tank is 120g (48"x24"x24") and has two 175W 5500K MH bulbs
suspended 14" over the water. We can also grow anything in this tank.

I've checked the levels at the bottom of the tanks and vaquely remember
they were in the 1000 Lux range in the bright areas.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/