Easter Grass Floss not so good?

	One of the suggestions I have seen from time to time for cheap filter
floss is to use Easter Grass.  Since I still have an empty Fluval
chamber where my carbon used to be, I just bought some at the drug store
to have a look at it. I can see 2 potential problems with going this
route.  First, the stuff I have has a lot of short strands.  A lot of
them are less than an inch long.  If these were to somehow work their
way through to the canister impeller, I think they could jam it really
easily.  The other problem is that if enough of this stuff was escape
during filter service and find its way into my pipes, it could make a
non-biodegradable clog.  I think this stuff is going to go into Easter
baskets.
Sherman