What metals are bad for plants and fish?

I'm currently on a trip to Russia, where you can get 2,300 kopecs per dollar.
Amazed at how cheap the currency is, I got to thinking... could I use those coins
as a substrate in a fish tank. At 2,300 per dollar, it wouldn't be *that*
expensive. I'm sure they would provide no advantage over inert gravel, but I'm
concerned that certain metals, such as copper, could be harmful. Does anybody know
which ones cause problems? I know I'm inviting flames over the use of coins as a
substrate, but my job has me travelling all over the world and it would be neat to
add to my "collection" as I visit new countries. A list would of metals to avoid,
or a list of acceptable metals, would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos