Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #859

In a message dated 2/20/99 2:50:40 AM Central Standard Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

<< Subject: FW: Happy99.exe

 Careful,
 I received the Happy99.exe virus when I retreived the Friday 2/19/99 10:32AM
 as an attatchment at the end of the digest.  Fortunately, I work as an IT
 Consultant and recognized it.  I would never open an attatchment with an
 *.exe extension anyway.  It's a brutal virus so don't open it.  Delete it
 immediately.
 Peter W O'Dwyer jnr
 odwyerpw at bluecorp_com

This is the reason that other lists have stopped the attaching of files on
their lists only the email messages get through. THe APD list organizer should
consider this also. It is extremely dangerous as to what people can add as
attachments. Yes most computer literate people should know to be careful to
open an attachment, but many of us have the idea that messages are checked or
verified by AOL or List Managers etc. as to not containing virus. Folks this
is not the case any one can send anything as an attachment.
Be careful.

Regards,

John van Rompu
Toronto, Ontario