angle of incident light and fish

This might seem really weird, but let me explain.  When I was a kid I had a
10 gallon aquarium sitting on a dresser in a south facing bedroom.  For some
hours during the day the tank got direct sunlight.  I noticed that the fish
did not assume a straight (side to side, not nose to tail) position.  They
were always at an angle when I could see them straight from the front.

When we moved and my bedroom window faced north, all the fish assumed a
straight orientation.  There was of course, never any sun shining in on them
at any angle whatsoever.

Well, people are writing about mirrors and such, so I remembered this
phenomenon.

I know it seems strange, and yes I had and have my head straight on my neck.
Could the predominant incident angle of strong light have any influence on
the way in which fish ?balance themselves in the water?  I swear, what I saw
was real and true.  And no, I have not lost all of my marbles, just some of
them.

g. kadar