Re: Choosing bulbs

>Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:00:09 -0800
>From: Dave Gomberg <gomberg at wcf_com>
>
>This got me to thinking again about all the reasons for choosing one bulb
>over another.  One school wants the most growth per watt-hour (the
>"efficiency" school) and the other wants the most pleasing appearance (the
>"beauty" school).   What if you had two sets of bulbs, one for growing and
>one for looking?    Or are there bulbs that give an adequate compromise?

I use the "high priced spread" (a mix of Triton and PennPlax Ultra Tri-Lux)
and feel there is NO compromise - excellent beauty and excellent growing.
OK, a small compromise, excellent expensive. We get them from Mail Order
Pet Shop for about $22 each. BTW, photography using "Daylight" color film
work out very well with these.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Back on-line! New URL! Slightly new look! Same good data!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/