Choosing bulbs

At 11:21 AM 1/22/99 -0500, Wright wrote:
>> And do you know of a website for Philips or Interpet where the lumens
>> ratings for these bulbs are posted?  Or an address I can write to?
>Can't imagine why you would want to know them, unless the *visibility*
>of your plants is too low. Better to get their spectra and select for
>strong red and blue output, with just enough green to make the tank
>"look" pretty.

This got me to thinking again about all the reasons for choosing one bulb
over another.  One school wants the most growth per watt-hour (the
"efficiency" school) and the other wants the most pleasing appearance (the
"beauty" school).   What if you had two sets of bulbs, one for growing and
one for looking?    Or are there bulbs that give an adequate compromise?

--
http://www.wcf.com/co2iron