Bleaching....

Hello All:

I'm in the throes of setting up a 18 gallon plant tank. I've elected
to bleach the plants before planting to try and limit transfer of
algae. The main problem is thread algae (Spirogyra). What
concentration of bleach should I use? How long should I bleach the
plants for to try and control the Spirogyra? How well will plants like
Liliopsis, Limnophilia, hairgrass and java moss take to the bleaching
operation. How long would it be before I can expect a recovery. I'd
look on the web, but server congestion is making this impossible.

Jacques