Tie-down caution/Java Moss,Riccia

If you employ sewing thread for tie-downs, especially on wood, use
cotton thread so it can rot fairly quickly.  My Java Moss "trees" were
done in the past with polyester thread (stronger, non-rotting) until I
lost the female of a breeding pair of Peckoltia pulcher from
entanglement.  Never again.  This particular "planting" was not new, so
it is possible there had been sufficient erosion of the wood to loosen
the tread, although I am pretty good about getting it tight when new.
I've never used Riccia other than floating, can't offer any experience
there.

Robert