Question re: Chemicals

I finally got my chemicals for PMDD-- the Nutrient Sixpack from
Homegrown Hydroponics (www.hydroponics.com). Obviously, there are two
different chemicals left over from mixing up the PMDD, Calcium Nitrate
(CaNO3) and Mono-Potassium Phosphate (KH3 PO4).

I don't want to just toss these things, so... what are they used for
in the Real World? I assume some sort of fertilizer product? Is there
any use for them in the aquarium?

Thanks for any help,

-Andrea
             A.J. Reed                *
      e-mail: ajreed at home_com         *   "Mom... I am a
 Disclaimer: I *definitely* do not    *   Vampire Slayer."
        speak for the group.          *