Aponogeton madagascariensus

I am a bit confused about this plant, and am wondering about other
people's experiences with it. I tried growing it without success a
number of years ago. Since the plant comes from Madagascar, I would
have assumed that it needed fairly warm water, but I note that Baensch
says it needs a maximum temperature of 22 degrees C (72 F). Other
references have stated that the water temperature should be higher,
with the temperature around 25/25 C  (78/79 F). Has anyone
successfully kept this plant, and if so, how did they go about it?

-Andrea
             A.J. Reed                *
      e-mail: ajreed at home_com         *   "Mom... I am a
 Disclaimer: I *definitely* do not    *   Vampire Slayer."
        speak for the group.          *