Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #507

In a message dated 9/11/98, 3:53:13 AM, Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com writes:
<<Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:22:58 -0400
From: "James Purchase" <jpurch at interlog_com>
Subject: U.S / Cdn. funds across the border

Several people have discussed various problems with getting cheques drawn on
a Canadian bank accepted by an American bank. One method I have used
repeatedly with no problem and very little effort and/or cost on my part is
to use Money Orders issued by Canada Post. >>

This method works extremely well, another method is to open a US bank account.
American Banks, typically charge the depositee  $10 service charge for a CDN
chq on a US bank, CDN banks typically charge the Cheque writer $10 or $15 if
the chque is drawn on a CDN acct but written in as US dollars.
Avoid these charges get a money order or open a US chequing account.

Reagrds,

John van Rompu