Re: Starting Hard seeds thanks

Thanks for the number of responses regarding my difficulties starting
water canna seeds.  I took a couple advises and filed the seeds to the
white parts (and parts of my fingerprints, I might add!).  I then stuck
them in a weak solution of pH down (sulphuric acid?) and water--pH 5.5.
It's been a week and a half and I'm starting to notice a little activity.
Since the growing season is relatively short in Minnesota, I should be
able to get them out after the last freeze and put them around my pond.

And by the way, Jean, that was a cute story about your kittens, but you're
right.  It may have been more than I wanted to know about your
derriere.<g>

Tom Petersen
peter334 at tc_umn.edu