Magnum filter cleaning

Jeff asked

" Anyway, the instructions say to clean the filter in a diluted bleach and
rinse till the chlorine smell is gone. Anyone done this? Is this really
safe
for out fish and plants? "

I have used the Hot Magnum several times to clear a tank and have always
been able to get the micron cartridge like new by soaking it in a solution
of 1 part bleach and 3 parts water over night. After rinsing several times
in tap water as sugested in the instructions, I then soaked the cartridge
in water with a water conditioner that neutralizes chlorine, over night as
well, to be on the safe side.I have not had any problems with fish or
plants using this method.
Hope this answers your question

Regards
Leo