Reactor stopped reacting...?

        I just hooked up my reactor (made form sports water bottle), and started
bubbling the co2 in. At first the bubbles dissolved very well, almost
instantaneously, but shortly after, the bubbles started to collect in the bottle. It
looks like the reaction stopped or slowed down drastically. At first, it could
handle 20 bubbles per second, but five minutes later, it is hardly dissolving 1! Is
this normal? BTW, I'm just testing everything out right now, I'm not hurting
anything with 20 bubbles/sec  8^)