Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #116

>Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 19:52:51 -0600 (CST)
>From: ayala at ix_netcom.com
>Subject: Fertilizer poisoning my fish???
>
>You know those "Good news/Bad news" stories...
>
>Good news: After a 2 year search, I finally found a store carrying the
>elusive Siamese Algea Eater. After checking my notes gathered off of the
>Krib and this group, and being convinced that these really were THE SAEs, I
>picked up a dozen of them for my 75 gallon tank. At the same time, I
>decided to also pick up some fertilizer high in K, as I thought my tank was
>potassium defficient. Tetra Initial Sticks 1-0-25 appeared to fit the bill
>well, so I picked up a box.

Since you only have a 75 gallon tank, I would that that 2 or at the most 3
algae eaters is enough for your tank.  Otherwise, they will all starve.
This could be why they were going for the fertilizer sticks.  Also try
supplimental feedings 2 or 3 times a week with algae wafers if you do not
have enough algae in the tank.  I have also found that my red-eye pleco
likes fresh spinache.   Find the other ones good homes.

  Good luck.

Gary Plano Jr.
jettat19 at mail_idt.net>