Re: Triton lighting

> Subject: Re: new light from Energy Savers
>
> > Try a "Triton", which is rated at 12,500K.
>
> Interesting.
>
> I measured the color temperature of various Triton bulbs using a
> Minolta Color Meter II (a professional color temperature instrument).
> New Tritons were 8100K to 8400K and older Tritons were 7350K to 7550K.
>
> > Then you will really see plants grow because this tube doesn't lose
> > intensity more than 10%; at which time it will automatically shut off.
> > It's effective for more than two years at 14 hours daily.
>
> Interesting.
>
> I measured the intensity of new Tritons at 3800 to 3900 Lux and 4800
> hour old Tritons at 3300 Lux.  That about a 13% loss after only 1/2 of
> their effective life and they hadn't shut off yet.
>
> I must have gotten a bad batch of Tritons
>
> These claims aren't from advertisements, are they?

No, George, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" and I have seen 8
years of proof of success on aquatic plants and corals.

The information given is from G.E. - Thorn, E.M.I. and Interpet; but what
does the largest producers of lighting in the World (G.E. and Thorn) know
about lighting and measuring Kelvin, Lux, Lumens, etc.?!?!!!!!!!

Guess "your batch" was "off color", etc.

Merrill