Re: Triton lighting

>Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 13:43:54 -0400
>From: "amc2" <amc2 at ix_netcom.com>
>No, George, "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" and I have seen 8
>years of proof of success on aquatic plants and corals.

I wasn't saying the Triton bulbs aren't good.  I use them also. I was
saying the specs you guoted didn't align with measurements I have made.

>The information given is from G.E. - Thorn, E.M.I. and Interpet; but what
>does the largest producers of lighting in the World (G.E. and Thorn) know
>about lighting and measuring Kelvin, Lux, Lumens, etc.?!?!!!!!!!

I'm sure they are quite competent at making measurements (although they are
probably more concerned with lumens than lux).  I'm also quite sure that
they make quite a few different measurements and that some might not relate
well to the particular application under discussion.  And I bet they are
quite careful to quote statistically significant numbers that were gathered
under carefully controlled conditions, unlike our application.

Just out of curiosity, where did the Triton specs you quoted come from?

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
Need info? http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm