re: Laterite Ratio

It does seem like a lot of laterite.  Due to its cost I tend to use it
selectively. Using a syringe, I inject it into the substrate around
plants that seem to need it more, i.e. plants with major root systems.  I
don’t bother with areas of the substrate containing fast growing stem
plants.  Using this method not only do I use less laterite but there is
less chance of leakage into the water column when the stem plants are
uprooted.  I feel I get strong growth out of the stem plants without
laterite.