[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #526

> I'm curious about peoples experiences with bare bulbs and splashing fish.
>  If memory serves, a poster many months ago mentioned having VHO bulbs and
> how if water splashed on them they would break.

Possible, I have a surgeonfish who likes to douse the VHO lamps in my
reef from time to time, no breaks yet.  I'm driving the lamps with an
icecap ballast which I rec if you elect the VHO option.

> Also, a recent thread mentioned using mylar as a reflective lining but I
> never saw a suggested place to purchase it.  Does anyone have suggestions
> where to purchase this other than buying a lot of mylar balloons and
> popping them?  :-)

A brief search of the web revealed the following hydroponics suppliers
who sell mylar.

http://www.viasub.net:80/IUWF/grntrs.html (GREENTREES HYDROPONICS
GREENTREES HYDROPONICS
2464 South Santa Fe Avenue
Vista, California 92084
1-800-772-1997

http://www.calgreenthumb.com/gtpg13.htm
Green Thumb Lighting and Garden supply
1645 W. SEPULVEDA BLVD., STE#12
TORRANCE,CA 90501
PHONE AND FAX (24 hours) 310-326-1813

http://www.litemanu.com/liteenh.html
1248.99 MYLAR 25' X 48" X 1 MIL $17.00
1-800-NOW-LITE (1-800-669-5483).

Northwest Garden Supply (Canada)
 1-800-443-GROW

Northern Lights (Canada)
1-604-820-8830

Abby's Indoor Gardener (Canada)
(604) 859-GROW (4769)

There are zillions of others on the web, too.

> From: jcochran at pinc_com (John Cochran)
> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:50:18 -0800 (PST)
> Subject: test kit& C02 >
> Hi Folks:
> Not being very good at chemistry-but certainly making an effort to
> improve- I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the Aquarium
> Pharmaceuticals water hardness kit measures GH or KH. The regents are
> labeled sodium hydroxide and calmagite solution.

That would be either a GH or calcium hardness test kit.

There should be EDTA titrant as well.

Craig