[Prev][Next][Index]

ich medications

>From: Neil Frank <nfrank at mindspring_com>
>Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 06:43:32 -0500
>Subject: Re: ich and other conclusions
>
>Not all ich medications contain malachite green. One I can think of is
>Aquasol, made by aquarium products, Inc. It is also friendly to your plants.

Sorry to bring this up so long after the original post.  I have used
"Aquarisol" to treat ich and it has seemed to work.  Of course, I also
raised the tank temp and added table salt to the water, so I don't really
know if the aquarisol did the trick.

The active ingredient listed on the bottle is "soluble copper salts."  I
don't exactly know what this means, but I have not tried this product on
planted tanks because of the copper.  I would warn anyone to consider this
before using Aquarisol on a planted tank.

Let me add, however, that Aquarisol has the benefit of not being a
medication, per se.  You simply add some consitituents to your water that
are not necessarily good for ich parasites.  They may also be not so good
for some plants and fish.

Steve in -2 deg F Ann Arbor (this morning) with about 6 inches of snow...