[Prev][Next][Index]

re: bleach & Ambulia

>I recently tore down my aquarium and, before setting it back up , bleached
>all the plants in the 1/19 solution for 2 or so minutes each. All of the
>plants appear to be at least holding their own except for the Ambulia
>(Limnophila Aquatica).
<snip rest of post>

Plants with delicate leaves such as Limnophilia are especially suseptibale
to bleach damage. Also, "2 or so minutes" was obviously too long.

Delicate plants could be spared the bleach if they are removed from the
aquarium, planted in 1 gallon jars (with soil substrate, good light, etc)
and allowed to grow emerse. Then simply replant the emerse, algae-free
top-cuttings.

Mike Eckardt

I'm dreaming of a snowblower ....