[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: severums and plants

Hi Erik,
> Now I am considering growing plants in my severum tank.
> Does anybody know if they will eat plants? I have looked
> in a couple books, but could not really find anything. And
> of course the guy at the pet store would say no.
> Thanks for any info.
>
> Erik

	I've never kept severums, but as a rule, cichlids are
usually pretty hard on the plants.  Those cichlids that don't
dine on your vegetation often root up the plants or will even
rip them apart because they're just in the way!  Two exceptions
are Discus and, as you know, Angelfish.  Try some cheap hardy
plants and see what happens, but don't be surprised if you have
to stick with the plastic variety ;-)!

Regards,

Chris Teichreb

teichrch at meena_cc.uregina.ca