[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: HOLES IN LEAVES

>From: krandall at world_std.com (Karen A Randall)
>Subject: HOLES IN LEAVES
>

>I would be interested in hearing how many people in harder water
>areas are able to grow Swords well without using soil.

I have three large Swords (2 E. bleheri and one that looks like E.
parviflorus but is about 18" tall) growing well in liquid rock for over 2
years.  My GH is 18 (329 mg/L) and KH is 8.4 (150 mg/L).  Substrate is
coarse gravel with peat moss plates, and laterite balls inserted.  Once last
year the largest sword showed signs of decline.  I started injecting
Flourish into the root zone and after a few weeks it was back in normal
form.  I have harvested many baby swords from it, raised them and sold them
to the stores, and the mother plant is still going strong.

Hoa