[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:Too many good snails?

gtong> Besides loaches, what other "natural" means of control are there?

>From experience, I can say a leopard puffer or a figure eight puffer will
remove all the snails you want, in a very short order.  Unlike many other
brackish fish, the few puffers I have had do not damage the plants.  They have
the added benefit of being real easy to catch and move to a new tank when you
have controlled the snails.

--
Alan Van Nevel		UMC Physics
573 882 6735

   "Animals are such agreeable friends-they ask no questions, and
   pass no criticisms." -- George Eliot, _Scenes of Clerical Life_